The following outline is for example only.
All courses can be tailored to your exact requirement
based on training needs analysis.
Training needs analysis may be purchased as a separate service or
can be provided free to any company
with an estimated training requirement of 10 or more days of training
in a given 6 month period.
A sample of the delegate notes, slides and exercises from
this course is available on request.
Please send an email stating your interest and any relevant information
to: Andrew @ Bindon . org.
This course explores the most sophisticated and powerful features of Excel
and shows delegates how to produce large complex spreadsheets, and manage that complexity.
Delegates will learn ...
- Different ways of customising the excel working environment
- How to create advanced formulas - for example using IF and VLOOKUP
- How to create and make use of pivot tables
- How to create data links between files and between worksheets
- How to use the outlining and consolidation features
- How to use the built-in analysis tools
- How to use the worksheet protection and display options
- An introduction to VBA macro programming in Excel
It is recommend that delegate(s) attending this course have a good practical understanding
of using Excel including basic formula construction, formatting and editing spreadsheets,
equivalent to the Entry level 1 (Guided Tour) course prior to attending this course.
This course is suitable for users who have either attended either of the MS Excel Entry level courses
or users who are self taught and have been using MS Excel for at least four months and
want to explore the more advanced capabilities of MS Excel.
Suggested Next courses
Either: Excel vba Macros Guided Tour
Or: Excel vba Macros Professional
Customising the work area
- Working with existing toolbars
- Creating a new toolbar
- Creating and using styles
- Creating templates
Advanced formula construction
- Nesting functions in cell formulas
- How to avoid nesting functions
- The "IF" function
- The "VLOOKUP" function
- Error handling and workbook auditing
- Creating pivot tables
- Working with pivot tables
- Pivot charts
Linking Multiple files
- Consolidating information
- Consolidating worksheets
- Working with workbooks
- Linking individual cells
- Workbooks versus links and Workspaces
- Using 3-D references in Cell formulas
Data and List manipulation
- Sorting data
- Using the Auto filter
- Creating and using outlines
Protect and display options
- Adding cell comments
- Protecting worksheet cells
- Hiding information
- Creating and displaying custom views
Introducing Excel Analysis Tools
- Goal Seek and Solver
- Database functions
Introducing Excel VBA Macros
- Recording Macros
- Executing Macros
- Examples of what you can do with Macros