The following outline is for example only.
All courses can be tailored to your exact requirement
based on training needs analysis.
Training needs analysis may be purchased as a separate service or
can be provided free to any company
with an estimated training requirement of 10 or more days of training
in a given 6 month period.
A sample of the delegate notes, slides and exercises from
this course is available on request.
Please send an email stating your interest and any relevant information
to: Andrew @ Bindon . org.
This is a more advanced entry level course, which assumes a greater degree
of pre-existing familiarity with Excel.
This course will enable Excel users to design Excel worksheets for a variety of
reporting, budgeting, and numerical forecasting tasks.
Delegates will learn ...
- techniques for selecting data
- short cuts for moving around the spreadsheet
- how to use basic and advanced functions
- using database (list) capabilities
This course is suitable for MS Excel users who are self taught
and have been using MS Excel for more than two months.
Suggested Next Courses
Microsoft Excel 2003 Power User
Review of techniques for selecting and formatting Excel worksheets
- Formatting and the format painter
- Conditional Formatting
- Protecting worksheet cells from interference
Review of techniques for navigating Excel files
- Navigation techniques in worksheets
Review of using basic worksheet functions
- Working with worksheet functions
- Screen tips for functions
- The Function Wizard
Advanced cell formula construction
- Absolute and relative cell referencing
- Naming cell ranges
- The "IF" function
- Using 3-D references in cell formulas
- Linking individual cells
- Cell Comments
- Hiding information
Data and List Manipulation
- Sorting Data
- Using the Auto Filter
Introduction to charting
- Creating a chart
- Applying Chart formatting
Using Print Preview
- Printing the entire worksheet
- Printing specified ranges